Yoga at Mount Madonna Center has been linked with its sister science, Ayurveda, since the very beginning. Our revered teacher, Baba Hari Dass, always included the Ayurvedic effect of each posture or breathing technique. Geared toward Yoga Teachers, this workshop will explore integrating Ayurvedic principles into group classes and address how to work with clients individually. After reviewing the basics, together we will create classes that can benefit all doshas as well as classes particular to balancing one dosha.
GINGER KAMALESH HOOVEN, E-RYT500 and Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, has lived at Mount Madonna Center and studied with Baba Hari Dass since 2002. She teaches in both the 200 and 500 hour Yoga Teacher Trainings. Her continued study of anatomy and physiology enhances her understanding and interpretation of yoga.
MANGALA NORSKOG, RN, Ayurvedic Practitioner, integrates aspects of devotional intention, anatomical reference, and subtle body physiology into classical methods of traditional asana, pranayama, and meditation practice. A long time student of Baba Hari Dass, Mangala continues to “teach to learn.” She has been an instructor in Mount Madonna Center’s Ashtanga Yoga Teachers Training Program since 1996.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
- Qualifies for YTT 500. You must apply to the YTT 500 program before taking this class for credit.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$330|
|Mount Madonna Center Tent||$370|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$408|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$428|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$446|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$470|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$506|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$552|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.