Who were you prior to the dawn of
your individuated consciousness as an infant? Is this same Self present,
here and now? What is it to consciously know this most essential Self
and to live this very knowing?
This weekend gives opportunity to put down familiar concerns, conclusions, and habits of mind in order to nurture the very heart of your being -- free of all definitions. Mukti will offer talks, satsang (a question and answer format to explore our most essential nature and that of all of reality), and several periods of meditation -- a powerful recipe for nurturing the revelation of Consciousness.
Apart from Mukti's talks and the satsang dialogues, this retreat will be held in silence. Both satsang and meditation are suited to penetrating heartfelt questions and, along with shared intention, create a synergistic combination for Self remembrance.
The schedule will include some time to enjoy the beautiful setting, surrounding hiking trails, and nooks for silent sitting.
MUKTI, whose name means “liberation,” is a teacher in the lineage of Adyashanti, her husband. Together they founded Open Gate Sangha in the California Bay Area in 1996 to cultivate the awakening of consciousness in those who yearn for truth, peace, and freedom. Mukti has been greatly influenced by her background in Christianity, Vedanta, Zen Buddhism, and Chinese medicine, and draws from those roots to point audiences back to the natural state of wholeness or undivided consciousness. Licensed in acupuncture and certified to teach hatha yoga, Mukti has a love of the whole, both form and formless.
For more information see www.muktisource.org.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
- Qualifies for YTT 500. You must apply to the YTT 500 program before taking this class for credit.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$330|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$408|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$428|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$446|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$470|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$506|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$552|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.