Build upon your knowledge and experience in teaching and practicing yoga. Our unique program weaves the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, including the eight limbs of Ashtanga Yoga, throughout our training. Our 500-hour teacher training program consists of three separate eight-day programs in residence at Mount Madonna Center, supplemented with home study, attendance as an assistant at one of our yoga retreats and 25 elective units.
The prerequisite for this course is a 200-hour certificate from Mount Madonna Center or from any other Yoga Alliance-approved school. For those who received their 200-hour certificate from another school, we require that you attend the Yoga Intensive (March 6-10) to introduce you to Mount Madonna’s style of training yoga teachers.
Our unique program builds upon the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, integrating the eight limbs into all aspects of our training. You will delve deeply into the Yoga Sutras, asana, meditation, pranayama, subtle body theory, and sacred sound experientially as a student and as a teacher.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Tuition includes the 250 hours offered in residence at Mount Madonna Center during the three, eight-day modules over the course of 18 months. It does NOT cover:
1) the required 4-day Yoga Intensive (March 6-10) for those bridging from a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training other than Mount Madonna's
2) the required retreat attendance
3) the additional 25 hours of electives
The deposit is $500. Upon arrival for the first session, the entire tuition and meals/lodging fees for the first session will be collected.
When you arrive for each subsequent session, just the meals/lodging fees will be collected.
For more information, visit: MountMadonna.org/ytt500.
This program is taught by Mount Madonna Center's Senior Yoga Teaching Staff.
- Continuing Education Credit for nurses.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
MEALS and LODGING FEES:
Note that because housing availability may vary for the duration
of this program per-day fees are shown below.
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$35|
|Mount Madonna Center Tent||$55|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$74|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$84|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$93|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$105|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$123|
|Single with Bath (1 to a room)||$146|
- A deposit of $500 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- One-hundred dollars of the deposit is non-refundable. No part of the deposit is transferable to another person. For cancellations received prior to April 1, the deposit less a $100 administrative fee will be refunded. If you cancel on April 1 or later, the entire $500 deposit is forfeited. There is no credit or refund for no-shows, or for leaving the program early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.