The Tradition Continues….
Inspired by the teachings of Baba Hari Dass, friends old and new are invited to join together as the tradition of Mount Madonna New Year’s Retreat continues. We will celebrate the coming of the new year, reflect on the past year, and consciously renew our aims for the upcoming year.
Each morning there will be opportunity to practice an array of yoga methods: shat karma (cleansing practices), pranayama (breathing practices), asana (postures) and dhyana (meditation) with classes offered for all levels of practitioners. Each afternoon there will be opportunity for svadyaya (self-study) as we explore yoga philosophy and spirituality. Each evening will be a special program of kirtan (chanting), bhakti (devotion), and fun. Our New Year’s Eve tradition will continue with a special evening of chanting, singing, prayers for peace, and meditation up through the midnight hour. Although Babaji is not expected to attend, his inspiration continues to permeate all of our yoga offerings. This is one of our most popular retreats so please register early.
Work-study, sliding scale, and scholarship options are available with 4-day attendance and registration at least one week in advance. Discounts for seniors (65+) and full-time students are also available.
- Continuing Education Credit for nurses.
- Fulfills the spiritual practice prerequisite for John F. Kennedy University's Graduate School for Holistic Studies.
- Qualifies for YTT 500. You must apply to the YTT 500 program before taking this class for credit.
(including tuition, meals, lodging, and facilities use)
|Commuting (Day use, meals & facilities)||$400|
|Economy (8 or more to a room)||$516|
|Dormitory (4-7 to a room)||$556|
|Triple (3 to a room)||$596|
|Double (2 to a room or cabin)||$632|
|Double with Bath (2 to a room)||$680|
|Single (1 to a room or cabin)||$752|
- A deposit of $100 is required with registration. Balance is due upon arrival.
- CANCELLATION or CHANGE in REGISTRATION
Deposits are non-refundable and are not transferable to another person. For cancellations received at least 2 weeks before the program starts, the deposit less a $50 fee will be credited to any other program within one year. No credit is available for cancellations less than two weeks prior to the program start date, for no-shows, or for leaving an event early. Housing changes incur a $20 change fee.
- Registration check-in for this program is from 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Dinner is served from 5:30-6:30 pm on Friday and 5:00-6:00 pm on other days.
- If you will be arriving late, please ask us to save a dinner for you.
- Orientation begins at 7:00 pm.
- The program will end at 1:00 pm on the final scheduled day.